Friday, December 2, 2011

Anna's Oven

Today my husband, Steve, and I had lunch at a little cafe in Westport called Anna's Oven. Great food.....they have a lot of what I consider "comfort foods" like Mac 'n cheese and meatloaf, and pumpkin bread pudding. They also play Pandora....but, of course, me being me and prone to odd encounters, I heard "Twilight Zone." That's because the owners of Anna's Oven give 50% of their proceeds to an all-girls' school in Kenya called St. Anne's. Just another out of Africa experience.....and a great opportunity for us to support local business, small shops, AND Africa all at the same time! So......if you're ever in Westport by the University of Kansas Hospital on 39th street in the first block east of State Line Road, check out Anna's Oven. I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.....whatever your politics or social consciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment