Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to NANN I Go!

I got an early Christmas present and it couldn't have come at a better time. My mood kind of matched the weather today.....dreary. I opened my email after dinner and found an acceptance from NANN of the abstract I submitted for presentation at the 2012 conference. At first I thought it was an acceptance for a poster presentation, but then I saw the words "concurrent session." Not many things leave me speechless, but this did. Of course, after the shock wore off, the panic set in!

The title of the presentation is "A Nurse, an Entrepreneur and a Collaborative Approach to Advancing Neonatal Care in a Developing Country." And big surprise.....it's about the projects Michael and I are working on in Rwanda. Needless to say, I have a lot of work ahead of me. I've already asked for input from Michael....after all, he's the "entrepreneur" in the title. I'm hoping my friend (and veteran NANN presenter!), Sara, will give me the benefit of her expertise as well.

Wish me luck as I work on this presentation....I'll need it! I hope this means that good things are in store for the projects we've been developing. Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to what comes next!

No comments:

Post a Comment