Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Little Down Time.....

Steve and I spent the weekend at the lake enjoying the boat for one last time before we have it winterized for the season. It's been nice having the boat and my parents' condo to get away to this year. Even though we both have time off work, it seems we always find something else to do instead of relax when we are home. This summer we were able to get away for a few days to enjoy just being lazy at the lake. I highly recommend it!

A couple of times we were able to take a few days off during the week as well and head to the lake when the crowds weren't so great. My favorite times have been in late summer and early fall when the summer crowds are gone due to school starting and people getting back into their usual routines. The lake is so calm at these times, and we enjoy taking a lunch and the dog and just spending the day on the lake.

Having worked the night shift for most of my career, I often have trouble sleeping......day or night! I found this year, though, that I can sleep quite well on our boat out in the middle of the lake! There's nothing quite so sleep inducing as the warm sun and an anchored boat that is rocking slightly in the breeze. Even the dog napped her days away on these occasions!

This weekend is our last on the boat for the year. We took it out one last time today--even though it was a little cool. I have to say that although I tend to be a "sun worshiper" at heart, I loved being out on the lake with a panoramic view of the fall colors. Here are a few of our pictures from the weekend that I'll share for you to enjoy, too. Tomorrow it's back to work, both at my staff nurse job and also at One Good Deed. Michael reminded me via email this weekend that we have a lot to do before the next delegation to Rwanda in March!







The cool weather produced the beautiful fog each morning! We had to be up early to enjoy it, though, because once the sun came up it burned off quickly. I'll leave you tonight with a picture of Bailey the boat dog.....she is the queen of the lake and LOVES her boat rides!



No comments:

Post a Comment