Monday, February 20, 2012

Wolves in Sheep's Clothing....

Have you ever met someone who has the impact of making the hairs on the back of your neck stand up? I met such a person in July 2010 when I was in Rwanda with a group of my colleagues. This person, I'll call him Todd--because that's his name, had come to Rwanda supposedly to help out and claiming to be "a man of God." I didn't like him from our first hello (which, by the way, was our only hello). He made all of my "Danger, Danger, Will Robinson!" sirens go off. People who know me well will understand this because they know that I am quite a ferocious lioness when it comes to those I hold dear, and if they are reading this now I'm sure they're wondering what happened to poor old Todd. Rest easy my friends...I didn't chew him up or anything. I did, however, express my concerns to those he came to "help." Thankfully they listened and were glad I spoke up because it merely validated their own danger signals. Todd is no longer physically present with my friends. He has moved on to spread his special brand of the truth elsewhere in Rwanda. He does still pose a menacing threat, however, taunting and accusing from afar. So beware, my friends, of those who do evil in the name of God. Steer clear lest you be caught in the aftermath of the "God smack" that is sure to come.

I will give Todd credit for one thing, though. He served as a very unpleasant reminder to me of the harm that can be done when people seek only to help themselves for their own glory and benefit at the expense of others. He also served as a warning of those who claim to be messengers of God yet spread the message of hate and intolerance. And he did all of this in a children's home....Wasn't it Jesus who said, "Suffer the little children to come unto Me, and I will give them rest?" It would appear that this "man of God" doesn't even KNOW God!

Wolves in sheep's clothing.....they're out there moving among the herd. If your danger signals alarm, you might want to take a closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment